Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Should I Apply for a Teaching Post at DepEd?

I am a Professional Blogger. I maintain 43 blogs in my name and a few in a pseudo name and alias. To me, that is my career path already. Teaching became simply a part time as blogging pays me well enough to even stop teaching. But my heart is into teaching still. I love talking and discussing in front of my students and sharing ideas, as well as getting feedback and ideas from my students too. 

Before I left for Singapore, my father told me I should have myself ranked again for the P. Noy administration may be a better one and friendlier one for teachers like me who want to work at DepEd, unlike the Arroyo administration, where I have already been ranked twice, rank 3 and rank 1 respectively, but did not get in, mainly because the principal preferred a teacher transferee who is the daughter of a teacher already at the school.  The way I look at it, it matters not which administration and who sits as president. The same people sits still at their posts and they still do what they do every year. If money is involved, then perhaps they just have to name their price, huh? What I hate most is the fact that a lot of teachers, professional teachers, with license and all, undergo the ranking procedures, and when ranked, are not even able to get the post they so entitle. A waste of time and money for those who live very far from the place the ranking is held.

Anyway, now that I am back here for a while, I am thinking of having myself ranked again. But, it is only to find out if  I will still rank first. DepEd is not a dream for me as teachers are  overworked and under paid anyway. But if given a chance, and treated properly, I can give to DepEd what I have given my previous students. Hey, I am not a mediocre teacher, and I am proud of that fact. Sadly, there's just a few of us..

It's ranking season once again.. Should I Apply for a Teaching Post at DepEd? Maybe.. Maybe when things will get better at DepEd. Maybe when the Principal is no longer at the school I have applied into. Maybe when there is already a change at DepEd.. But when??? We'll never know.. Besides, there are other ways I could lend a hand at teaching.. Besides, I am going back to Singapore, where professionals are treated well.

To keep up with what's new in this category, Subscribe to A TEACHER'S JOURNEY by Email or you can readily enter your email address on the box below:
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner
Do not forget to verify your subscription by checking the verification link in the email that was sent to you. Check Related Links:

No comments: